How Setbacks Can Creep + Breed
This weekend I experienced a lot of setbacks that really caused me to question the foundation and purpose of my doc. why am I doing this if its causing so much stress?
- two final interviews fell through
- missed my deadline to complete the rough draft
- no grants have come through so financially, the doc is a burden
- time, i work full time and its been a tough balance
I literally have been questioning everything and today TWO things happened that let me know I CANNOT STOP:
1. I secured an interview with my favorite poet of all time, J.Ivy, for next week and Erika Ramirez, a former billboard senior writer and one of my favorite writers, tweeted me back after I tweeted it out and wants to see the footage once its edited.
2. I saw a comment i wrote to myself on an old blog post that simply said: :"You can do it" and it made me smile and also gave me the personal push I needed.
All in all, this doc has been very trying and I go through periods where I am lost but I can revisit the small victories I've had and understand it will make a difference. i really, really, really believe in my doc and its future, probably more than anything else.
stay up y'all.